Governor Yahaya Bello inaugurates Committee for the establishment of another State-owned University in Kogi West.
The 17- man committee made up of 17 Professors is to be chaired by PROF. OLU OBAFEMI NNOM, FNA
Other members are:
PROF. ABAYOMI OLORUNTOBA
PROF. KEHINDE IMISI ENIOLA
PROF. SUNMOLA AFOLABI
PROF. GODWIN TUNDE AROSAYIN
PROF. GABRIEL KOLADE OLORUNLEKE
PROF. JOSEPH OLORUNJU OMOLEHIN
PROF. KINGSLEY OLOGE
PROF. SUMAILA ABDULGANIYU
PROF. ABIODUN ADENIYI
PROF. ROTIMI AJAYI
PROF. YOMI MONDAY AIYESIMI
PROF. SULEIMAN OMEIZA EKU SADIKU PROF. ADAMS OYUOZE UMORU ONUKA
PROF IGONOH JOSHUA A.
PROF. MOHAMMED BELLO YUNUSA
PROF. HADIZA AGUYE as SECRETARY
Other members are:
KOGI STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND COMMISSIONER FOR JUSTICE , MOHAMMED SANI IBRAHIM, SAN
SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF KOGI STATE, FOLASHADE ARIKE AYOADE, PhD
KOGI STATE COMMISSIONER FOR EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECH, HON WEMI JONES
KOGI STATE COMMISSIONER FOR FINANCE, BUDGET AND ECONOMIC PLANNING, HON ASIWAJU IDRIS ASIRU
KOGI STATE COMMISSIONER WORKS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HON BAKO SAMSON
KOGI STATE AUDITOR-GENERAL, HON YUSUF OKALA
Terms of reference given to the committee are as follows:
1. Determination of type of University to be established ( whether specialized or conventional)
2. Determination of a suitable name for the University.
3. Preparation of
i. Academic brief
ii. University Law
iii. University Master Plan; for presentation to the National Universities Commission (NUC) for the purpose of obtaining NUC’s recognition/approval.
4. Determination of a suitable location for the University.
5. Determination of a takeoff site to allow for immediate commencement of academic activities.
6. Determination of realistic and sustainable funding sources for the University.
7. Any other activities that may be required for the immediate takeoff of the University.
It is also recommended that the Committee is empowered to co-opt other Kogites/non- Kogites who can add value to the work/activities of the Committee.
The committee is to submit its reports within 6 weeks of inauguration.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor